Slievecallan Wind Farm Induction – Slievecallan, Kilmaley, Clare.
The PSCS role on this site is under the control of WCRE Ltd. with WFSO Ltd. (Ronan McEvoy, +353 (0)86 8394006) being the site representative. Please read the following points before entering Slievecallan Windfarm.
The Wind Farm Operations Contact Number to call is +353 (0) 21 7355898 and notifications of all planned work on site should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Safety Helmet, Safety footwear, High Visibility Jacket/ Vest MUST be worn on site at all times. Other safety equipment is necessary according to the work involved e.g. eye/face protection, safety harnesses, etc. when identified in the method statements and risk assessments. Gloves are to be worn when handling materials or tools that could burn, cut, tear or cause any injury to hands.
2. Operational Controller Contact Procedure
The following procedure should be followed by all personnel visiting Slievecallan Wind Farm for the purposes of work, inspection or testing on the windfarm plant or infrastructure. The windfarm is operated under Wind Turbine Safety Rules (3rd Edition) and WFSO are appointed as the Operational Controller.
Nordex, the HV Operator and any contractor or personnel visiting Slievecallan Wind Farm for the purposes of work, inspection or testing on the windfarm plant or infrastructure must notify the Operational Controller (WFSO) of their presence before entering the windfarm.
Personnel entering the windfarm will provide the following information:
- Work party details,
- Planned location of works,
- Reason for visit,
- Expected finish time,
- Description of works,
- Any known issues or work being undertaken at the windfarm,
- For all planned activities onsite, the OC should have prior notice and a copy of the relevant Method Statements & Risk Assessments to be emailed to the addresses below,
- For work on the turbines, contractors must inform the OC as they move from one turbine to another,
- The contractor must infrom the OC of any restrictions, exceptions or limitations placed on the turbine or site,
- All work parties Must Notify the OC When Leaving the Site (No Exceptions)
For all non WTSR activity happening on site, the Operational Controller should have prior notice of the work, personnel involved and have been supplied with Risk Assessments and Method Statements where appropriate.
The WFSO Operational Controller Contact Number is +353 (0) 21 7355898.
Notification of all planned work on site should be emailed to:
WFSO Operational Controller will use a work order system so that each package of work can be assigned a number for reference and record keeping.
I agree to comply with the above mentioned rules and to follow site guidelines.